Saturday, January 17, 2009

It Officially Starts Today!

I'm sitting in bed on Saturday morning and my first class starts at 11:00. I quit my job as a flight attendant in August and have decided to go back to school as a nurse.

Truth is...I didn't really want to quit flying but I listened to everybody else tell me I SHOULD take the buy-out and now I feel like I've cut off my right arm. I'm working my first 40 hour work week job and HATE it. It's mind numbing work, I don't converse with anyone and I need more time off for "me" time.

So...I've heard that nursing offers a great schedule and terrific pay. It's practically recession proof, which is good in this day and time. I'm a little concerned about the blood and guts part of it but my friend told me that I can steer away from that part of it if I choose. I definitely choose.

I have to take some prerequisites in order to apply for nursing school and I'm enrolled in Psychology and Algebra. Algebra doesn't start until March (phew!) and Psych starts today. (Every Saturday until May)

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I'm sure I'll be the oldest in the classroom. I'll check in with you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment